Terms, Conditions and Declaration from Applicant, Co-Applicant or a Guarantor
- You agree that these terms will apply to your application for finance from Real Finance Limited (“Real Finance”), its branded subsidiaries or its third party lender partners.
- Real Finance is collecting personal information about you in your online application for finance.The information is being collected for the purposes set out in clause 3 below and will be held by Real Finance at its Wellington offices Level 1, 69a Manners Street, Te Aro, Wellington or its Christchurch offices, Level 1, 159 Cranford Street, St Albans, Christchurch.
- The information is being collected for all or any of the following purposes:
- To decide whether or not to grant a loan,
- Administering the loan,
- Enforcing repayment and other legal obligations owed by me to Real Finance,
- Advising you from time to time of other products and services offered by Real Finance and its associated and related companies, partners, successors and assigns
- If you do not provide all or any part of the information requested on the application form your application for finance may be declined.
- You acknowledge and agree that Real Finance may supply information to and receive information from your family or other members of your household in connection with the purposes set out. This will typically be the case if Real Finance is unable to contact you for any reason.
- You acknowledge that any communications to or from Real Finance may be recorded for security and staff training purposes.
- Without limitation you hereby authorise Real Finance to access your personal information from the following agencies and we also authorise the following agencies to release your personal information to Real Finance: Personal Property Securities Register, Transport Registry Centre (NZ Transport Agency) Drivers Licence Database, NZ Transport Agency Motor Vehicle Ownership Register, Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and Land Information New Zealand, and any other government agencies.
- You also authorise Real Finance to regularly monitor your credit record at any credit reporting agency.
- You acknowledge that provision of your driver licence number (or any other identification numbers) to Real Finance is voluntary and that you consent to Real Finance disclosing your driver’s licence number (or any other identification numbers) to Equifax and Centrix and other third parties in order to process your credit application.
- You warrant and undertake as follows:
- the information given in your loan application is correct to the best of your knowledge and belief and that no information has been withheld that might affect Real Finance’s decision on your loan application.
- you are not known by any name other than that contained in your loan application and that there are no official documents in NZ or any other country which record any other name or form of name or date of birth for you.
- you own the goods listed in your loan application including without limitation all goods offered as security for your loan and that no money is owed to any third party in respect of such goods and that all such goods are free of any security interest, charge or other encumbrance (except as disclosed to and agreed by Real Finance).
- you are over the age of 18 years and are not an undischarged bankrupt or liable under any proceedings under the Insolvency Act 2006 and its amendments.
- You are a NZ resident or have permament resident status.
- You authorise Real Finance to have its financial interest noted on your insurance policies for any collateral granted as security on any loan with Real Finance.
Financial Risk Disclaimer
The information contained in this website was prepared by Real Finance. The opinions expressed in the document and the pages on this site are those of Real Finance Limited. While every care has been taken to supply accurate information, errors and omissions may occur. Accordingly, neither Real Finance Limited nor any of its directors, staff, advisers and product providers accepts any responsibility or liability for any loss caused as a result of any person relying on the information supplied.
Disclosure of Loan Refinance and Renewal Policy
To be eligible for a loan refinance or loan renewal you will need to:
- Fully repay any prior loans or
- Have a good repayment history on your existing loan.The loan application and amount approved will be subject to our discretion and we may request further information to process your application such as bank statements, proof of income or proof of residence.
Annual Interest Rates
The annual interest rate applicable to our loans range depending on your circumstances and loan type. While the rates will vary based on the profile of the borrower(s) and the collateral offered for the loan, they are fixed for the term of the loan. Interest is calculated and accrued on the daily unpaid balance and posted on to the loan on the last day of the month.
Default fees, Interest and Charges
You should contact us immediately on 0800 21 21 21 if you are unable to make your regular repayment on the loan. We are often able to modify your repayments where possible – but you must talk to us. It really helps us if you are proactive when experiencing problems. If you have not contacted us and we need to contact you regarding a late payment or dishonoured payment we can charge you for contacting you by telephone, text message or email. We charge a default fee while you are in arrears. A grace period is provided to get the defaulted repayment cleared up but if the defaulted repayment is not paid within the grace period then the default fee is applied from the date of default. Default interest is charged on the amount of the defaulted payment at the rate specified in your loan contract. If we need to send you any letters due to broken promises or we have not been able to contact you via telephone, text message or email, a standard letter fee will apply.
Privacy Statement – Introduction
- Collecting your personal information
- Using your personal information
- Sharing your personal information
- Accessing your personal information
- Security of your personal information
- Communication Preferences
- Display of Advertising & Marketing
- Linking to 3rd Party Websites
- Controlling Unsolicited Email (Spam)
- Contacting Us
Collecting Your Personal Information
The information we collect from customers and website visitors helps us to personalise and continually improve your experience at http://www.realfinance.co.nz.
We may collect personal information from you when you request more information, place a general enquiry via our website, subscribe to our newsletters, choose to take advantage of one of our special offers or apply for a loan.
The information is being collected for all or any of the following purposes:
- To decide whether or not to grant a loan
- Administering the loan
- Enforcing payment and other legal obligations owed by me to Real Finance Ltd
- Advising you of other products and services offered by Real Finance Limited and its associated and related companies, third party lenders, successors and assigns (“Real Finance”)
- To take up one of our special offers
You have the option to receive our newsletter and other communications but can opt-out of receiving these communications from us.
We may collect information about your interaction with our site and services. For example, we use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website and to retrieve information from your browser including the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you accessed our site; and any search engine, inbound hyperlink and keywords used to reach or find our site and the pages you view within our site.
We also use technologies, such as cookies to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on our sites and services. Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies.
Our website uses “cookies,” which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to browse on our website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and booking experience. Cookies may be used to personalise your visits to this website, eliminate the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of this website, evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on this website and track website usage patterns.
Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies.
Controlling Unsolicited Email (Spam)
Real Finance is concerned about controlling unsolicited commercial email, or “spam.” We will not sell, lease or rent our email customer lists to third parties.
While we continue to actively review and implement new technology, there is no currently available technology that will totally prevent the sending and receiving of unsolicited email. Using junk email tools and being cautious about the sharing of your email address while online will help reduce the amount of unsolicited email you receive.
Linking to 3rd Party Websites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third party web sites, you will be subject to the third party’s privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, Real Finance cannot be responsible for the actions of any third party web sites.
Display of Advertising & Marketing
From time to time we may display ads on our site and the sites of our advertising partners. When we display online advertisements to you, we may place a persistent cookie on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time we display an ad to you.
This enables us to compile information over time about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements we display.
We use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you.
You can stop the delivery of future promotional email from Real Finance by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. You can subscribe or unsubscribe to newsletters and other forms of communications including special draws, surveys, contests and service related announcements by following the instructions in the communications you receive or contacting Real Finance directly.
These choices do not apply to the receipt of mandatory service communications that are considered part of Real Finance services.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take website security extremely seriously, and always endeavour to provide a secure safe platform on which to conduct online applications and transactions.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You are entitled to request access to, and (if required) correction of, any personal information held about you by Real Finance.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information outside of Real Finance or to any third parties without your consent.
Otherwise, we will only release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, facilitate court proceedings, enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Real Finance, our users or others.
We may use your collected information to:
- Process your application
- Verify your identity
- Communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions, where you agree to receive such information
- Help us learn more about your browsing preferences and personalise this website in accordance with your preferences
- Improve or update this website and our products / services
- Protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- Respond to your inquiries and communicate with you if necessary
Using Your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties. You can browse http://www.realfinance.co.nz without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. It is always your choice whether to receive marketing and promotional information from us or not. It is our policy to make any member inactive from our database or mailing list upon the members’ request. Please contact us if you wish to opt out of receiving communications from Real Finance.
I declare that to the best of my knowledge the above information that I have provided is true and correct and, I understand, accept and agree to the application conditions.
Current as at 3 October 2021