Financial Advice Provider Disclosure Statement
Real Finance Limited (RFL) is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) holding a transitional FAP licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority, in accordance with the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 (FMCA) to provide financial advice services in New Zealand. RFL gives this FAP disclosure in accordance with the FMCA and its regulations.
As a transitional FAP license holder, we provide financial advice services through our employees who are Financial Advisers (FA's) under the FMCA. Our Financial Services Registration Number is FSP3821.
This FAP disclosure statement provides relevant information about the financial advice services that RFL (We, Our and Us) provide to Our customers. It should help you decide whether to use our advisers and whether to follow their financial advice.
- RFL can only provide financial advice services on a small number of financial advice products listed below in the section ("Nature and Scope of Advice"); and
- RFL will employee Financial Adviser's who are able to give advice on behalf of RFL.
- RFL must maintain adequate records in relation to financial advice given; and
- RFL must have an internal process for resolving customer complaints relating to its financial advice service.
Nature and Scope of Advice
We currently may only provide financial advice in relation to;
- Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) provided by Autosure and underwritten by DPL Insurance Limited;
- Comprehensive Motor Vehicle Insurance (MVI) provided by Autosure and underwritten by Vero Insurance NZ Limited;
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) provided by Autosure and underwritten by DPL Insurance Limited;
- GAP Cover Insurances (GAP) provided through Autosure and underwritten by either DPL Insurance Limited.
We do not provide financial advice in relation to any other insurer’s products or offer comparisons with the insurance cover anyone else offers or provides.
We have not been subject to a reliability event. A reliability event is something that might materially influence you in deciding whether to seek financial advice from us. As an example, it would include a successful regulatory action against Us relating to the financial services We provide.
Fees and other charges
- Consumer Customers - We do not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for any financial advice we provide our Consumer customers.
- Business and Investment Customers - We do charge fees to provide financial advice to our Business and Investment customers, of 6.95% of the initial loan amount, or a minimum of $495.00.
Commissions and Conflicts of Interest
RFL will receive a commission and/or benefit from insurance providers whose policies our customers choose to take up. RFL employees or any of its nominated representatives do not receive commission payments.
All our Financial Advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. RFL reviews its compliance programme annually to ensure our high standards of client service are being followed.
To ensure our Financial Advisers prioritize our clients’ interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures any financial advice We provide is suitable for the circumstances in which it is given, recognizing the very limited nature and scope of the advice provided.
RFL Duties Information
We have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill when providing you with advice
- meet applicable standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at www.fma.govt.nz/compliance/financial-advice/.
Complaints Handling and Dispute Resolution
Our goal is to provide you with the highest levels of quality service and support at all times. If you do have a complaint or encounter a problem please let us know as soon as you can, as your feedback helps us continue to improve the products and services we offer.
We are committed to sorting things out as quickly and as fairly as possible, and we assure you that we will do our best to address your complaint quickly and sincerely. Full details of our complaints’ procedure are available at all RFL branches or online at www.realfinance.co.nz/complaints-process.
Resolving a complaint or problem
We have a well-established and highly effective escalation process, meaning we will work with you to address your concern as quickly as possible, while still providing you options to take the matter further if you are unhappy with the outcome.
Your first point of call if you have a concern is to visit your local RFL branch, call us on 0800 21 21 21 or send us your feedback through our online Complaint Form.
If the problem is not solved there to your satisfaction, you may contact our RFL Resolutions Manager on 0800 21 21 21 who will revisit your issues directly with you.
Independent Disputes Resolution
If you are not satisfied with the resolution suggested by our internal RFL Complaint Resolution Process, you can request a free, independent review from our external dispute resolution provider, Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL). We belong to their approved dispute resolution scheme, which is an approved scheme under the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Dispute Resolution) Act 2008.
You can find out more about FSCL by calling them on 0800 347 257 or visiting them online here.
You can contact FSCL at:
- Phone: 0800 347 257, or 04 472 3725
- Fax: 04 472 3727
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.fscl.org.nz
- Postal Address: PO Box 5967, Lambton Quay, Wellington 6145
How to contact RFL: